The best efforts have been made so that the data and material published in this site reflect actual administrative norms and practices.
Nevertheless, the entities mentioned in thesite are not responsible for its exactness and expressly deny any responsibility for the damages that would stem form use of the information from this site or use of the site itself. The site contains links to other web pages that are not the responsibility of the entities mentioned in the site.
By consulting this site, the user grants the most complete and irrevocable waiver to all entities mentioned in the site, freeing them absolutely from any kind of responsibility, and agrees to refrain from any action or claim.
Want to embed this page on your website ?
Please copy/paste the following html code inside your page:
TYPE of EQUIPMENT REQUIRING TYPE APPROVAL in KIRIBATI
1. Radio/Wireless - includes radio transmitters and equipment used for cellular mobile communication, including equipment used for WLAN, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, WiMax, GPRS, EDGE, GSM, 3G/4G, and UMTS and laptops and tablets with short range radio technology such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
2. Fixed - includes equipment used for fixed satellite services, fixed microwave links, satellite earth stations, telecommunications switching equipment, and radio transmitters.
3. Fixed Wireless Terminal Equipment - includes CDMA desktop phone, GSM Gateway, cordless phones, Telex equipment, telephone, and other such terminal equipment.
4. Broadband Terminal Equipment - includes the WiMax Terminal, Wi-Fi Terminal, CDMA USB/PCMCIA Modems, ISDN terminal equipment, ADSL/HDSL equipment.
TYPE of EQUIPMENT EXEMPT from TYPE APPROVAL in KIRIBATI
1. Personal computers
2. Receiver-only radio equipment intended for the reception of sound (radio) and terrestrial TV broadcasting services, including satellite dishes and aerials
3. Short range infrared remote control equipment, including TV remote controls, toys, garage door openers, etc,.
4. Terminal equipment used by licensed radio amateurs for personal use.