The best efforts have been made so that the data and material published in this site reflect actual administrative norms and practices.
Nevertheless, the entities mentioned in thesite are not responsible for its exactness and expressly deny any responsibility for the damages that would stem form use of the information from this site or use of the site itself. The site contains links to other web pages that are not the responsibility of the entities mentioned in the site.
By consulting this site, the user grants the most complete and irrevocable waiver to all entities mentioned in the site, freeing them absolutely from any kind of responsibility, and agrees to refrain from any action or claim.
Want to embed this page on your website ?
Do you want to embed this page or only the search bar?
Do you want to include the search bar?
Please copy/paste the following html code inside your page:
The holder of this permit is authorized to do pleasure diving on Christmas Island outside of those areas designated by the Kiribati Government as conservation, Wildlife or Fisheries Research and or Development Zone. The Lands Department a branch division under the Ministry of Environment, Lands and Agricultural Development in London Kiritimatii Island have such information. A permit holder is responsible for acquiring this information at this concerned office.
The holder of this permit is permitted from carrying out any of the following whilst pleasure diving on Kiritimati Island:
1) Stunning, poisoning, killing, damaging and collecting of live or dead marine animals and/or plants (invertebrates, corals, fishes, molluscs, algae, etc) including sea birds.
2) Any form of fishing activity including the use of any type of fishing gear not necessarily used for diving.
3) Pleasure fishing activity unless issued with a proper Pleasure Fishing permit (see conditions for a visitors Pleasure Fishing Permit.
4) Engage in a private or commercial activity which requires diving in the lagoon and/or ocean.
5) Use of any toxic substance, oil or oily mixtures and/or disposal of any garbage/plastic harmful to the marine environment.
The holder of this Pleasure diving permit does not entitle him/her to catch, whilst pleasure diving, any marine animal/plant for personal use or consumption unless authorised by the Chief Fisheries Officer.
This permit is not transferable and is issued only to a visitor who wishes to engage in any form of diving (scuba or skin) upon payment of a prescribed fee at a cost which may change from time to time with or without notice. The permit should be produced on demand to an authorised Fisheries Officer who may conduct periodic inspection and monitoring on the island.
A visitor found to be diving without a permit or should the holder of this permit breach its conditions, will be liable to a fine of A$1000. The permit may also be confiscated if the particulars of identity of the holder are inconsistent with those contained in his/her passport.